A Little Well-Meant Advice
on submitting your CV to MgS Recruitment Consultancy
Registration is free to job seekers and applications for specific vacancies
are always welcome.
To help us perform efficiently
and effectively, please take note of the following:
• If you are applying for a specific vacancy, please read the
Job Spec carefully. Only apply if you fit the outline given and quote
the relevant reference number in the subject line if applying by e-mail.
• MgS Recruitment accepts speculative applications. In which case,
please write a prospective job title in the "Subject" line
of your e-mail or in your covering letter if applying by fax.
• If applying by e-mail please send attached Word files or similar
ONLY. No HTML or plain text CVs.
• Use simple fonts, preferably Times New Roman, Arial or similar
and set page size to A4.
We need the following
• A succinct up-to-date CV which is clear and concise.
• Be aware that we send your CV on to our clients and that good
presentation is therefore essential.
With this in mind, fax is not the best option for submitting your CV.
General CV advice
We ask that CVs should
be concise and straightforward, contain all contact details and give
relevant information about your career to date.
CVs must contain:
• Full contact details (address, telephone/fax/mobile numbers,
e-mail address etc where applicable).
• Career history - with dates, employers, job title - showing
your major achievements in each post. These should appear in reverse
chronological order (most recent job first).
• Academic, professional and other qualifications with date of
• E-mailed CVs should be attached Word files (or
able to be easily read using MS Word).
We do not accept plain text unformatted CVs or HTML documents.
• Use simple fonts (Times New Roman, Arial or similar) and set
page size to A4. Fancy fonts make no difference to our assessment -
unless they are present on our system they may adversely affect the
presentation of your CV.
• Do not send photographs, graphics, testimonials, drawings or
diagrams with your CV at this stage. They merely take up space and have
no beneficial effect on our assessment.
• A short covering letter directed at the specific vacancy (with
reference number), pointing out how your experience matches the advertised
job criteria would be appreciated. An indication of your availability
and expected salary range would be also be helpful.
Be aware that we will attempt to confirm receipt of your e-mail to the
address from which it was sent. If this could pose problems of security
or confidentiality please make this clear in your plain text covering
message. Our confirmation message is not an indicationthat you are a
short listed candidate.
We prefer to receive
applications against a specific vacancy or vacancies. When sending an
e-mail CV for a specific vacancy please quote its reference number in
the message header.
We understand the reasons
for speculative applications. If your CV is speculative, please put
a prospective job title in the "Subject" box of your e-mail
rather than your name.
If your CV is speculative, please put a prospective job title in the
message header rather than your name.